Monday, March 16, 2020

Take From Me...

My heart is in a constant state of peril. To love so deeply, but to know how dangerous that can be is a curse unlike any other. I see so many people who care so much they end up locking those feelings inside. They reject the world and all the pain that comes with it. They tell themselves they just have thick skin, when in reality they've given up on the good that exists in this world. They forget that there are people, like me, who don't want you to suuffer.
  I don't want to see you in pain. I don't want to see you longing for a listening ear. I don't want you to ever feel like this world is a lost cause. In my pain I'll inspire you. With my blood I'll paint you a masterpiece unlike the world has ever seen. And I'll let you use my soul to bind yourself to this Earth once again. Take my pride, and be amazed by who you are. Take my love, and share it with the world. Tear my eyes from skull if it'll help you see things clearer. You are made of a billion positive thoughts that spring you into action. Take what you must...
  And give. Give me your pain, I don't need to feel the warm sun as much as you do. Give me your chains, I didn't need freedom to be at peace. Give me your tears, let them drown me in the rivers that once flooded your dark corners. Take from me, give to me, and run. Let my last breath say run. Let the last thing I see be your sweet smile as you embrace your new beginning. Let my eyes guide you into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment